Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Graduation!

Sunday May 20th was the final day of Darden for the class of 2012, with warm and sunny weather for our graduation from the University of Virginia.  We listened to television news anchor Katie Couric (UVA '79) speak about "the 3 R's" (risk, rejection, and resilience) in the morning procession on the UVA Lawn and yelled as Dean Bruner presented us as candidates for the MBA degree to the president of the University.  In the afternoon, we moved to Darden and accepted our diplomas in Flagler Court.  Walking across the stage I'm certain felt surreal for all of us, and the ceremony was a wonderful end to our two years at school.

Pictures describe the day better than words can...

In Poe Alley with my roommate, getting ready for the morning ceremony

Proceeding down the Lawn to Old Cabell Hall
Katie Couric addresses the soon-to-be graduates
Walking into the Darden diploma ceremony
Dean Bob Bruner, on stage with the Darden faculty marshals
Patrick Clifton delivers a rousing speech as graduation class speaker
I cross the stage to accept my diploma from Dean Bruner
Faculty Marshall Yiorgos Allayannis reads the second half of the graduates' names
With the family on stage after the diploma ceremony

With that, my Darden blogging career comes to a close. It has been a great two years sharing my journey with you all. I plan to resume with a new blog about my adventures in Korea once I move there in August. Goodbye and good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment